The warmer weather has arrived this week and that’s good news for all of us after the terrible floods of the past months. But with some newspapers already warning of colder weather on the horizon and after last year’s unseasonal temperatures that resulted in snow for much of the UK in March and April, the next couple of months is difficult to predict when it comes to knowing how much home heating oil you will need.
The arrival of abnormal weather can have an effect on punctual deliveries of fuel to customers and, in extreme cases, prevent delivery vehicles getting through to customers. Barton Petroleum has a code of practice for dealing with bad weather and situations when there is an unavoidable problem with supply.
Orders will be prioritised on the basis of need and customers will be asked some of the following questions:
- How many days’ supply they have left/how much oil remains in their tank
- If they have anyone vulnerable in the household
- If they are in a position to come into the depot to collect some product to tide them over until a full delivery can be made
- If they have run out/are about to run out, have they any other form of heating or any relatives who could help
- If they have already placed an order with another company
- If there are any difficulties with access to the property or tank.
We will also inform the local authority of any vulnerable customers that we are unable to help. We also ask customers to help us when things are difficult by:
- Being patient
- Being honest about their circumstances
- Telling us if they are vulnerable or are in difficult circumstances
- Explaining any problems there might be accessing the property and/or home heating oil tank due to adverse weather.
Demand does increase during adverse weather conditions and as such, if all customers order at the same time, there may be delays in supply. During periods where there is the risk of lower temperatures, we would always encourage that you plan ahead with your heating oil requirements and order in advance of when you think you will need it. For more information on home heating oil please contact us or for the latest prices please use our quote form.