Who Are The FPS?
The Federation of Petroleum Suppliers is a Trade Association which represents most, but not all, heating oil distributors in the UK. Our members distribute over 80% of the domestic heating oil used on the mainland UK.
Why A Customer Charter?
The FPS members strive to provide a good service to their customers. This Customer Charter, which is based on a much more comprehensive FPS Code of Practice (CoP), has been created to help ensure that customers can expect good service and understand clearly how their FPS distributor should operate and what constitutes good service.
Please note that this Charter only covers deliveries to domestic customers of a distributor who is a member of the FPS. It is not applicable to commercial organisations or non FPS distribution companies. The full Code of Practice is available from the Oilsave website www.oilsave.org.uk.
What You Can Expect From An FPS Distributor
- Be dealt with fairly
- Receive information and advice regarding the products and services that you receive.
- Be Given a clear price and delivery time for any order you place. (You can request email or text confirmation of the price from most distributors.)
- Be provided with the range of payment choices which the distributor offers. Typical options include:a. Payment by credit/debit card. Monthly payment plan
5. Receive information regarding the available payment methods and any additional charges which may apply, for example for using a credit charge or for an emergency delivery. You should discuss with your distributor which payment method is used.
6. Whether you have an existing or new contract with a distributor, they should provide you with all the terms and conditions of that contract. This includes conditions relating to any cancellation of that contract.
7. Be given reasonable notice if agreed delivery schedules cannot be met.
8. Cancel any order within two working days of the agreed delivery date without charge.