Oil is one of the cheapest fuels available for off-gas homes and over 1.5 million homes in the UK use oil for heating.
It is cleaner and easier to use than solid fuel. It’s also safe, economical, and an oil-fired range in the kitchen provides a traditional style cooker combined with efficient heating.
Some of the obvious advantages of using home heating oil are:
- ‘On demand’ heating and hot water – as much as you want whenever you want.
- Heating with oil is generally cheaper than using electricity, LPG, bottled Propane gas or solid fuel.
- Fuelling the boiler is automatic – no loading the appliance as with solid fuels.
- You can combine oil heating systems with alternative energy sources to reduce heating bills.
- It’s kinder to the environment than some fuels that have higher CO2 emissions.