Whether you’re thinking of converting to domestic heating oil or have been using it for years, you probably have some niggling questions. Well thanks to OFTEC there’s a very good chance you can find the answer!
OFTEC publishes a range of home guides. These provide useful information for users of oil heating, and cover a range of topics including installation, servicing and maintenance, energy efficiency and combining oil with renewable heating systems. OFTEC’s home guides are available as free downloads and are on the following subjects:
- Domestic Oil Storage – About tanks up to 3,500 litre capacity and their location for supplying oil to a single family dwelling
- Flues, Chimneys and Ventilation – Requirements for any domestic oil-fired appliance used in the home
- Domestic Oil Supply Pipes – Applies to pipework systems supplying kerosene to oil-fired equipment (under 45kW output) serving single family dwellings
- Domestic Oil Fired Appliances and Systems – Overview of all oil-fired appliances and general principles relating to them
- Renewable Energy and your Oil Heating System – How integrating your current oil heating system with renewable technology can help reduce your fuel bills
- Why an oil fired boiler should be serviced regularly – How to make sure you remain safe, what happens during a service and advice on carbon monoxide
- Workmanship Warranty – Designed to protect you in case there’s a problem and the original installer is no longer trading
- Renewable Heat Incentive – How to make sure you remain safe, what happens during a service and advice on carbon monoxide
Click here to find out more about Barton Petroleum’s heating oil. We offer domestic heating oil at the right price plus a reliable delivery service.