The majority of households in the UK are connected to the mains gas grid. However, did you know that there are approximately four million that are not. If you are one of those then you could use domestic heating oil (kerosene) as your mains gas alternative. Here are some of the many benefits:
- More Performance – first and foremost, you need to know that oil usually burns at over 70 degrees Celsius, which is hotter than electricity or natural gas. Consequently, oil-heated homes warm up more quickly. Moreover, oil is way more efficient than any other types of heating. For example, gas furnaces have only 77% efficiency and electric heating furnaces come at only 31% efficiency, while oil furnaces exceed 91% when it comes to efficiency. Moreover, oil furnaces create hot oil 3 times faster than gas or electric heaters.
- Among the cheapest of all other heating options including mains gas, LPG, renewables or electric.
- Freedom to buy fuel whenever you like from a wide choice of suppliers – the price of heating oil can fluctuate from day to day but there is an advantage to this! You have the option to buy oil when you are happy with the price. Heating oil is one of the only types of home heating fuel that has dropped in price over the past three years, compared to other sources.
- Many years of reliable service if maintained correctly.
- You own the tank – with other types of home heating fuels like LPG gas, the tank is usually rented from the LPG supplier. The cost of renting an LPG tank varies from supplier to supplier. With heating oil the tank is usually bought when the heating system is installed, and as such there is no on-going tank rental fee to pay.
- You can benefit from having a regular supplier – some people may be happy to buy from a different supplier for each delivery they order. However, there are often more benefits if you purchase your oil on a regular basis from one supplier. Many suppliers offer different payment plans to help you manage the cost of your deliveries.
- Safe. Lastly, one of the most important advantages of home heating oil is that it is non-explosive and won’t burn in liquid state, only when it vaporize. For example, if you light a match and you throw it into your container of oil it will extinguish by itself in a few minutes. In order to ignite your home heating oil, it has to be heated to over 60 degrees Celsius, which is the temperature it starts to vaporize. In addition to that, leaking oil won’t explode, so you can have the peace of mind you and your family are safe.
For a reliable delivery service choose Barton Petroleum. Click here for more information on our competitively priced heating oil and to find a depot near you.