Summer is a time when your heating oil may not be at the forefront of your mind. There’s no doubt however that planning ahead for the winter months can see real benefits.
Here are some top tips to steer you through the summer months:
- Ensure your heating supplier is a member of the FPS. (Federation Of Petroleum Suppliers). All FPS members must adhere to their Code of Practice.
- If you dread the large heating oil bills of the winter months. Check to see if your supplier can offer a Payment Plan which will make it as easy as possible to manage the cost of your heating oil throughout the year.
- Its widely acknowledged that fuel cost tends to be higher in winter when demand is high so consider buying in the summer months.
- Service your boiler annually in order to keep in good working order. Winter time is busier for engineers so have your boiler serviced over the summer months. Always use an OFTEC technician!
- Keep an eye on your tank as severe/prolonged heat can leave it prone to damage.