Perhaps the reason for the number of homes that use heating oil is that it is competitively priced, clean burning and safe to use. If you’re not sure whether it is the right choice for you, first consider these benefits…
- Home heating oil is competitively priced. Modern condensing boilers have energy efficiency ratings in excess of 95%, independently acknowledged as more efficient than alternative fuel sources.
- You pay for for what you use. There are no standing charges for oil heating and modern electronic oil tank contents gauges such as our SMART Meter, allows monitoring of the amount of heating oil used, promoting energy efficiency.
- Home heating oil is not flammable at normal room temperature, unlike natural gas and LPG. Modern oil installations are protected by ‘remote acting fire valves’. In the unlikely event of your boiler malfunctioning, the fuel supply will automatically cut off.
- Home heating oil is an environmentally responsible choice. Today’s heating oil (kerosene) is highly refined and bursting with energy, making it energy efficient. Most modern oil tanks consist of a tank within a tank, so in the event of a spillage, any surplus fuel will be contained within the outer tank, thus preventing any oil from spilling into the environment.
- High performance. Oil burns 400 degrees hotter than natural gas or electricity, so oil-heated homes warm quickly.